Leeds Chocolate News
Latest Leeds Hen Party and Chocolate Making Workshops News
Here’s Chocolate Collectives latest news about all things chocolaty that we’ve been involved in, in and around Leeds and the North West.
Chocolate making workshops in Leeds
Learn all about Chocolate Making in our Leeds Chocolate Workshops
Even more things to learn during our Chocolate Making Workshops in the heart of Leeds City Centre:
- Chocolate melting in the mouth can give a more intense and longer lasting buzz than kissing!
- Chocolate was included in WW11 solider rations.
- Columbus's son Ferdinand was reported as saying that when he witnessed the Mayan's dropping cacao beans "they bent to pick them up with the speed as though they had lost an eye".
- Cacao has been around for millions of years and is probably one of the oldest of natures foods.
- Cadbury's made the first chocolate bar in the UK but it was Frys who really took it to market.
Chocolate making courses in Leeds
Come on our Leeds Chocolate Workshops to learn all about Chocolate
More things you could learn during our Chocolate Making Courses in the heart of Leeds City Centre:
- Nearly all cacao trees grow within 20% of the equator.
- Chocolate has evolved into such a massive industry that almost 40-50 million people depend upon it for their livelihoods.
- Mayans used chocolate during marriage and baptism ceremonies instead of using blood.
- According to Aztec legend, the God Quetzalcoatl bought cacao to earth but was cast out of heaven for giving it to humans. As he fled he vowed "to return to earth one day as a fair skinned bearded man to save the earth".
- The cacao bean naturally contains over 300 flavours and 400 separate aromas.
Chocolate making classes in Leeds
Fascinating facts for Chocoholics attending our Leeds Workshops
Here are some of the fascinating facts that you could learn during our Chocolate Making Classes in the heart of Leeds City Centre:
- Cacao originally originated in Central and South America more than 4,000 years ago. Today, almost 70% of the world's cacao is grown in Africa.
- Chocolate has always traditionally been associated with magical, medicinal and mythical properties. The Theobroma Cacao trees are known as the "Food of the Gods"
- Champagne and sparkling wine can be too acidic to enjoy with chocolate but red wine compliments dark chocolate very well.
- It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make 1 pound of chocolate
- Approximately £70m worth of chocolate is sold during the week leading up to Easter.
Express Chocolate Making Workshops for Hen Parties in Leeds
The Express Belgian Chocolate Making workshops for Hen Parties are expanding into Leeds in 2015.
Leeds is a city that likes to party - with a fantastic variety of of old fashioned drinking dens, laid-back bars and late-night clubs there is something to suit every taste in a compact area that's easy to access, so it's a great venue for a weekend Hen Party.
Get your Leeds Hen Party weekend off to a great start!
Leeds has much to offer its visitors with a compact city centre that packs everything in, from shopping in the beautiful Victorian Quarter and the Grand Arcade, entertainment venues such as The Grand Theatre and Opera House and the bars on Call Lane offering a great party atmosphere. It's no wonder ladies are flocking to Leeds for their Hen Party weekends.
If you are interested in a chocolate making experience on a Saturday morning to get your Hen Party weekend off to a great start in the exciting city of Leeds, please get in touch with Chocolate Collective now.
Chocolate Collective Support the ‘Macmillan Big Night In’ Campaign
Earlier this year I was delighted to be approached to support the Macmillan Big Night In Campaign. This is a special event held throughout the country by people who wanted to raise money on behalf of the important charity Macmillan Nurses.